Text messaging may have been around forever but they still have a lot to offer. It is particularly beneficial when you want to relay an important message. We believe that text-to-give is one of the most effective tools for nonprofit fundraising and should be an integral part of your fundraising efforts. Receiving donations via sms will remain popular especially at events, pledge events and even crowdfunding for simple reasons. Studies show that 91% of American adults own a smartphone. Therefore, event attendees are likely to carry their phones with them and would be more comfortable giving on a device they use regularly as opposed to handing over their card details to a volunteer / system that they aren’t familiar with. One of the biggest successful text-to-give campaigns was when The Red Cross’s Haiti Earthquake Relief raised over $43 million – it showed the power of texting as a fundraising solution.
Here are our top 5 reasons why you should collect donations through sms.
1. Reach people anytime. As you think of offering convenience to your donors, you should think of your nonprofit’s convenience too – donation through texting implies just that.
2. They seem comparatively more urgent than the common instant messenger tools such as Facebook messenger or Whatsapp.
3. It integrates smoothly with other communications, be it emails, flyers, or websites.
4. Response rates are excellent! and,
5. It allows for marketing innovation. You can collect feedback, conduct a poll or a quiz and even raise funds quickly for your campaigns. Using text-to-give as a fundraising tool for your next campaign is a great idea. A piece of advice – try GiveCentral texting tools. In addition to all the above benefits, our text-to-give solution is not just simple and intuitive but cost effective too!
How to get started?
If you’re interested in finding out more, please leave us a comment below and we’ll have one of our fundraising professionals reach out regarding next steps. GiveCentral is here to make your fundraising easy and personal, both for you and your donors!